Saturday, January 2, 2010

3rd Car.....& it runs


This 1939 Chevrolet belongs to Rick Angles
and is in no way connected to me. I include the
photos only to display what a 1939 Chevy Coupe
looks like.
After losing the 1950 Ford Victoria in a freak
accident I was heartbroken. A friend of my brother
had a 1939 Chevrolet Coupe that he wanted to
get rid of, and we stopped by his house to check
it out. He had already done most of the engine
and transmission work. It had a 265 Chevrolet
V-8 engine installed with a three speed transmission
with a floor shifter. We came home with it and I
immediately started working on it. I had it painted
a two-tone combination of a light malt color on the
body and the fenders were a darker metallic brown.
Over the course of a couple of months I had the
bumpers and most of the chrome re-plated. I had
the interior upholstered in a buttoned-down brown
naugahyde. The flooring showed some damage where
the previous owner had torn it up putting the floor
shifter in. We installed a new sheet metal floor in it
before installing a dark brown carpeting. The original
clutch, brake, and accelerator pedals went down in
the flooring, but I did not want to mess up the new
carpeting. I found some newer swing pedals from a
wrecked car in a salvage yard and installed them in
my '39. I could see our project coming to a conclusion
so I began to prepare for a big event.... going to get
my driver's license.

No comments:

Post a Comment