Monday, March 15, 2010

NCAA's March Madness




This week marks the beginning of the annual
'March Madness' in college basketball. At the conclusion
of the regular season each conference around the
country hosts it's own championship tournament.
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
then stages it's own tournament to find a National
Champion. Sunday night 64 invitations went out to
various men's college basketball teams to be part of
the NCAA tournament. I find myself somewhat torn
at this time of the year. I started my college education
at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. After my
first year at SMU, I transfered to the University of Texas
for my second year. The U.S. Army then needed me to
assist them in their Southeast Asia endeavours...but I
digress!! I graduated while still in the Army from the
University of Maryland. Luckily for me, SMU did not
receive an invitation to this years tournament. So I only
have to follow Texas & Maryland. The Longhorns face
Wake Forest on Thursday night at 8:45CDT at New Orleans.
Maryland will play its first round game Friday night at
8:40CDT at Spokane, Washington against the University
of Houston. This will be the 24th NCAA Tournament appearance
for Maryland and they are currently ranked #4 in the country.
Best of luck to the Terps and the Steers.... I'll be watching!!

1 comment:

  1. The Longhorns lost in the first round of play,..but the Terps are still on schedule for the Championship round... Underdog!!!

    ReplyDelete