Monday, January 31, 2011

Super Bowl 45

    I have had a couple of people ask me 'who
do you like in the Super Bowl?'...and my reply
is always 'neither one.'  I don't like the Green
Bay Packers ...and I don't like the Pittsburgh
Steelers!  The reasoning behind this is...first
and foremost,..I am a Dallas Cowboy fan!
  I can see some of you laughing and hoo-hawing
over the dismal season the Cowboys just 
completed...but they were 6-10 this year.  I
loved the Cowboys when they went 0-11-1 in
1960.. Fans on each coast just don't get the
loyalty of Cowboy fans. The media is always
hyping the teams on the east and west coast.
Green Bay and Chicago have done their share
of sticking it to the coastal teams, but Dallas is
the one that New Yorkers, Bostonians, and those
freaks from the left coast, love to hate. Dallas 
represents everything new and good...from those
shiny silver helmets with the Lone Star on the 
sides,..to always wearing those white jerseys ( In
the NFL the home team usually wears their colored
uniforms and the visitors wears white, but Dallas
requests the white at home forcing the visitors to
wear their colored uniform, thus they wear their white
jerseys 90% of the time.)...BUT the real reason I
don't like this years Super Bowl teams is...they have
beaten my Cowboys in Championship Games in the
past. I was at the Cotton Bowl when Dallas had a 
chance to beat Green Bay when Jim Bocky jumped
offside at the three yard line with seconds to go.. and
then the next year in the 'ice bowl' at Green Bay when
Bart Starr sneaked into the end zone to ice the victory.
..And I watched in disbelief when Bradshaw to Swain
made my Cowboys second-best, not once but twice.
Both of this years participants have known what is like
to lose..and to win. So while I can't really 'pull' for 
either one of these teams, I can issue a warning. Be
ready in August of 2011.. the Dallas Cowboys will be
back and hungry to make amends for this past season.

Good Luck to both the Packers and the Steelers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment