Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer Saustice Contest






Texoma Harley Davidson held a salsa contest
on Saturday,...actually the shindig was called the
"Summer Saustice Contest" and attracted about
9-10 entries. I am what you would call a veteran
salsa man. I have been eating the hot stuff since
I was a little boy. My older brother was hooked on
Mexican food and when I tagged along I had to eat
whatever he was buying. He made sure I became
acquainted with jalapenos from the start. On Saturday
you could sample each entry as much as you wanted
before casting your vote. T-Bone's restaurant and
Chipolte's Mexican Grill donated plenty of chips for
the contest. Local HOG members Dave & Carol won
first place with a concoction filled with five different
peppers, two different onions, along with a couple
cans of strained tomatoes (& other secret items).
The end result was a salsa that would knock your
socks off. It left a great taste in your mouth, BUT
about seven seconds later you would trade all of
your earthly possessions for something to drink.
The Sun-Bru girls were also on hand to wash the
bikes for a small donation. These girls were pretty
good looking and the line to have your bike washed was
fairly long. Early estimates on the crowd were around
2,000 and the dealership was well pleased with the turnout.
The event was good all around and the
plans for next month are still being formulated. I'll
keep you updated....

No comments:

Post a Comment