Sunday, November 17, 2013

Honda Shadow all shined up



   I know it has been a while since I have written on this blog page, but I have been busy painting my house.. I finished a couple of days ago but my hands are still sore from the daily work, and I took a few days to let them return to normal.
     I did spend the morning in the garage cleaning up the motorcycle. It is a 2009 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit that I brought home when someone traded it in at Texoma Harley-Davidson. It runs like a thoroughbred and I can't make up my mind whether to keep it or sell it.
        As you can see, it shines up like a new penny. I have had the bike for about three months and this is the first time I have taken the time to clean it up. I used some McGuire's Wax and Cleaner and it returned the sparkle to most of the chrome items. I have a motorcycle jack and it allows me to raise the wheels off the floor for easy cleaning. I wouldn't call myself old school, but I have always preferred spokes over solid wheels. Your fingernails and cuticles take a beating, but I like the way they flash in the sunlight when the bike is moving.
       I've seen this model Shadow Spirit in black, white, and red, but I was attracted to this particular bike because of the charcoal metallic paint. These photos don't really do justice to the color, but I think it is unique. If you just take a glance at it you will probably think it is black, but it takes a closer look to see the metallic sparkle in the paint. 
       The bikes runs great and shifts a lot easier than the HD Sportster I had until last summer. The Shadow has a lot more lower end torque than the Sportster and I never get out of fourth gear in the city limits. When I pass a brick wall or high curb, I love the sound bouncing back to me from those Cobra pipes..
       The bike has less than twelve thousand miles on it and I would not be afraid to take a long trip on it at a moments notice. I went to a bike website and found half a dozen Shadow Spirits in price from $5300 up to $5900...and they were bare. This one has over a thousand dollars in add-on extras in the quick-detach windshield,..the engine bar... the saddlebags...and the Cobra exhaust. I probably would let it go for an even five thousand, but as I said,... I really love the way it rides. I don't ride as much as I use to...but the Shadow is always in the garage waiting for me whenever I do feel the urge.



No comments:

Post a Comment