Wednesday, May 16, 2018

1966 Ford Mustang




      I have a friend that I will call James because I haven't received his approval to post these photos,..but I know he wouldn't mind. He and I go back a long way and cars is the common denominator. James was the service manager for a Chevrolet dealership for many years and I was exposed to cars being the younger brother to a National Champion of the National Hot Rod Association. 


     Both James and I are on the plus side of 70 years of age, but the love of cars is still embedded in both. 
     Last weekend there was a celebration in town and part of the shindig was a car show. James has been working on a 1966 Ford Mustang for the last few years and he brought it with him with the possibility of selling it here.



      James and I had just parked along the curb and he placed a 'for sale' sign under the wiper before we were headed for the car show in the background.. Before we could get to the first car two men stopped us to ask about the Mustang. One of them had seen the car in another show down in Rockwall, Texas. Turned out he was the promoter of this show and was interested in acquiring James' Mustang.

     
       Before I tell you the exciting climax to this story, let me say there were some seriously nice cars entered in the car show. For example, this 1927 Model T that belonged to a doctor. It was a super looking coupe that would have been a winner in anyone's contest..


     Awards were given out for various categories, such as best paint job, best late model, etc... But see the plaque at the top with the fringe on it.. That one was called King of the Gears and went to the top car in the show...


     Yeah,.. you guessed it! The promoter told James if he would enter the Mustang in the car show he would meet his asking price of 25g's.. I though I was going to have to drive James and his wife back to Rockwall, but the promoter agreed to let him drive it home and they would complete the sale the following Monday.


    The Mustang has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and now is powered by a 302 inch Ford engine. The running gear and brakes all came off a 2015 Mustang. A shop in Savoy, Texas did all the body work and applied the beautiful paint job. The top is also new to complete the package. Pretty sure the promoter has another owner lined up or he would not have been so quick to pull the trigger on this deal.
    James has another project to work on and I am glad to have been able to see the quick transaction. Guess who bought lunch after the show?

No comments:

Post a Comment