Saturday, July 17, 2010

Inceptions--- The Movie




Both my wife and I are fans of Leonardo DiCaprio, so
we were looking forward to the premiere of 'Inceptions'.
I am not the coldest beer in the six-pack when it comes
to figuring out these deep movies. (I am still working
on Pulp Fiction). The basic premise of the movie is
invading other people's dreams. I was with them up
to this point. DiCaprio's character has devised a way
to invade someone else's dreams and then insert a
dream within a dream. I told you it was going to get
a little freaky. Can you believe by the end of the movie
they were dreaming into the fifth echelon of slumber?
This is about the point where I kept asking Momma,
'What the hell is going on?' She did her best to keep
me informed until the guy behind us kept making a
noise like 'Sssssh!' I don't know, maybe he had a
leak in his lip or something. I don't want to spoil
the movie for you,..but Leonardo's wife in the
movie was killed by one of his dreaming schemes
and keeps coming back to mess up his plans within
the dreams. The special effects are really good. At one
point you get to see a city block of Paris, France picked up
and stacked upside down on the next block. My right
eye started to twitch about this time. If you like
good action movies with lots of shooting and tusseling
then you will want to see 'Inceptions.' The movie
has the same director as 'The Dark Knight' if that is
motivation enough for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment