Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Camera




I have ordered a new digital camera from the
Kodak people. My current camera is a Kodak Z740
and has served me well since 2005, but now I find
it is slowing down and starting to look a little fuzzy
in some photos.. The new one is a Kodak Z981
and was only introduced in January of 2010. It is
a fully automatic camera with manual overrides.
You can set the aperture and the camera will set
the shutter speed,.. or you can set the shutter speed
and the camera will set the aperture...OR you can
put it on fully automatic and the camera will do everything
for you except make coffee. The part that was most
appealing to me was the opportunity to manually focus
the camera. My current camera has always let me down
in that regard. I would focus on a subject and the photo
would be right on the edge of fuzziness. The new camera
is center-weighted metering so that should help out. That
is the metering system made popular by Nikon. I carried
my Nikon EL for over 25 years until it started to fade and
the Nikon repairman told me it was nothing more than a
fishing boat anchor. Kodak and Fuji are both planning to
terminate 35mm film production soon, and digital cameras
are the only alternative. I bought my wife a Nikon digital
but so far we are a little turned off by it. Most of the photos
in it come out brighter than the original situation. I haven't
got any results with the new Kodak since it will be delivered
sometime next week...but I do have these photos to share
with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment