Friday, August 13, 2010

Harwell Motor Company




I have seen this business many times passing by,
but I was always in a hurry and had no time to stop
and admire. Harwell Motor Company is located
on Texoma Parkway between Sherman and Denison.
The company specializes in re-conditioning older
cars and trucks. In other words, it is what I was
expecting. I stopped in to photograph a few of his
cars and the people were really friendly. They have
an abundance of Chevrolet Novas and Ford Mustangs,
but I did spot this 1937 Ford Coupe in one of their
three showrooms. It is one of my favorite kinds of
Fords...one with a Chevrolet engine. This engine
sports two 4-barrel carburetors atop it. It is clean
as a pin on the inside also and you can tell they took
their time updating the interior. From the rear, check
out the hidden taillights that are at the bottom of the
fender. The brake light near the rear window is also
a nice touch. In 1937 the gas nozzle just stuck out on
the side of the rear fender, but now it is hidden behind
a gas-filler door just like the new cars. This is a well
done re-do and I didn't even ask what they wanted for
it. Mainly, because I was just overwhelmed with the
good job they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment