Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Unique Gift





I have a friend that gave me a really unique
gift today... Many times you have been subjected
to various postings about my little Schnauzer
"Cosmo".
Today the Fed Ex man delivered a box to
our house,...and neither Momma nor I were
expecting anything. Upon opening it, I found a
all-wood artistic rendition of my little dog. I have
never had anything like it before. It was a gift from
a long-time friend Everett Shelby.
Actually, if it had NOT been for Everett, I would
never have been hired by Wal-Mart. I drove for M.S.
Carriers, and was one of their top drivers, BUT
could not get through the front door at Wal-Mart.
They receive thousands of resumes on a daily
basis, and I was one among those thousands.
Everett took a liking to me and saw that I was more
than just a truck driver. When an opening occurred
I was first on the mind of Everett, and with his help,
I got the job. I just finished twelve years with W/M
and that got me to the finish line...I am now officially
retired.
Thanks Ev... Good to know that our friendship goes
beyond just being co-workers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment