Thursday, December 24, 2009

White Christmas in North Texas






For the first time in many years North Texas got
a blanket of snow just in time for Christmas. It
started late Thursday afternoon and continued
through the night. Friday is suppose to be
sunny, but cold. I have my fingers crossed
as my son and his family are coming for
Christmas dinner with us for the first time
time in about twenty years. His mother, my
first wife, and I did not separate on the most
friendly terms. She has had his ear all these
years, but as an adult he has come to believe
that his Dad could not be all that bad,...and
wrong 100 per cent of the time.
Today is also the first birthday of my Schnauzer,
Cosmo. It is the first time he has ever seen snow,
and it turns out he loves it. We almost could not
get him to come back in the house once he got a
taste of it. Tinkerbelle, the 9 year old Wire Haired
Terrier, thought it was too cold on her feet and
wanted to come inside as soon as possible.
The snowy holiday does make the season that
much more beautiful. Merry Christmas to all...and
to all, a happy and joyous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment