Sunday, July 5, 2009

Harley Davidson Road Glide











I bought a touring bike back in 2006. I road tested the
Ultra-Classic...The Street-Glide...and the Electra-Glide.
They all suffered heavy buffeting when I was in traffic,
especially behind big trucks. The Road Glide did not
react the same way in traffic thanks to the 'shark nose'
front end. I bought mine at Texoma Harley Davidson and
they were three to four thousand dollars less than three
other dealers I went to in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
I came home with the Cobalt blue model with silver trim.
I let it settle for a couple of weeks and thought I could
improve the looks with some orange trim to separate the
silver from the blue. I liked it immediately and most people
that I have come across feel the same way..(even the folks
at the HD house). The Road Glide is a heavier bike than the
Nightrain that I featured earlier in this blog. If we are going
out on the road, or a trip somewhere, it is the Road Glide.
It features cruise control..AM-FM-CD-XM Radio..Air-Ride
Suspension...and Air Conditioning by Mother Nature. We
like to ride with the top down (small joke). I did replace the
stock exhaust system with a "Rolling Thunder" system. It is
similar to the HD Screamin' Eagle system, but sounds better.
The latest feature on the 'Glide' is the air-brush work on the
saddlebags. Vida Loca in Bonham, Texas did the work and I
highly recommend them if you are in need of art-work of any
kind. They have a website to showcase their work at VidaLoca.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment