Thursday, July 2, 2009

Harley Nightrain Custom....







The photos are of my 1999 Harley Davidson Nightrain. It was a
showbike for four years but I decided to put it on the streets in
2004. I have just about done away with the blacked-out look of
the stock Nightrain. Most of the intrigal parts have been chromed.
The handlebars are 11 inch pullbacks with the usual Kuryakyn
goodies added to them. The oil tank as well as the primary, cam,
and timing cover have all been chromed. I swapped the bobbed-tail
rear fender for one off a Fatboy. The wheels are from Custom Chrome
and are called "Triad". The wheels, brake rotors, and drive pulley all
match. Items like voltage regulator cover, coil cover, horn cover, belt guard, and speedometer cover have all been chromed. Over the years
I have thought about flames or pinstripes, but the rich color of black is
still the best. The seat is from a Softail Custom that I had reupolstered
with orange piping around it. The tailight is from Aurora and gives off ample light at night..I entered the bike in the 2007 HOG (Harley Owners
Group) bike competition at Oklahoma City...and won 1st place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment