Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Public Enemies--Movie


Public Enemies is the new Johnny Depp movie that was
released on July 1st. My wife and I are both Johnny Depp
fans so we were waiting in line when the movie came to
town.
The movie did not follow history exactly, but that is the
problem of making a movie of a real happening. Hollywood
takes a lot of liberties with this one, but the action scenes
are really good. I am a stickler for authenticity when it comes
to the movies and the Thompson machine guns really sound
real in this one. Depp plays the part of John Dillinger, the 1930's
gangster who thought of himself as the modern day Robin Hood. Christian
Bale plays Melvin Purvis, the FBI Agent assigned to bring in
Dillinger. The 1930 era cars used in this movie are worth the
price of admission alone. The two hour and twenty minute feature
is a good one, and despite what the critics are saying, I thought
it was a good one and would go see it again. When it comes out
on DVD I will be one of the first to purchase it and add it to my
collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment