Friday, July 10, 2009

New Best Friend






I lost one of my pets a couple of months ago...His
name was Gus...a stripped tabby cat. I am NOT a
cat person, but Gus was not just a cat. From the
day my wife brought him home he attached
himself to me. Anywhere I wanted to go, Gus was
right there checking out the scene....He grew into
a super cat...hell on varmits and bugs...but a
favorite of the neighbors. That turned out to be his
downfall.. Coming home from across the street he
was struck by a car and killed..
I was heartbroken for over a month, and Momma
could not stand it any longer. She talked me into a
new Schnauzer puppy and he has brought the smile
back to my face. We call him 'Cosmo'.. His markings
are called Phantom. His lower legs are silver, along
with his mask on his face, but the rest of him is cold
black. The girls are gonna line up for this handsome
dude. Momma's dog is a Wired-Haired Fox Terrier and
she has been extremely tolerant of Cosmo. They are
friends and play well all day long,..even around the
food dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment