Sunday, July 5, 2009

Silverado to Silverado






I recently bought a new pick-up truck... I said I
would not do it,...but I did. I had a 1998 Chevy
Silverado that treated me good for 12 years (I bought
it in 1997). It was a great truck and still looked good
after all the years. I did replace the radiator, the
heater core, the intake manifold gasket, the battery
twice, the alternator twice, and put tires on it three
times. The truck had 134,000 miles on it and everyone
marveled at what good shape it was in....
But June 11th when Momma and I went out to eat to
celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, we stopped at
a dealer to 'see what he had'. The dealership dude also
liked my old Silverado and made me a good deal on a
new one. My old truck was an extended cab and the new
one is a crew cab. Logic tells me that I won't have to
get out when the grand kids get in,...plus the new one
was silver and I was just about fed up with white. The
new one came with just about everything that I wanted
on it....V8 engine...automatic transmission...AM-FM-CD-XM
Radio...On-Star communications..Power windows & mirrors..
and most important, a great air conditioner. We have just
had our seventh day in a row of 100 degree temperatures.
General Motors is in a bind and apparently that had something
to do with the deal I got. I paid five thousand dollars less
than what I paid for the 1998 when it was new. The new
truck drives great, but is a lot larger truck than the 1998.
It takes a little gettin' used to,....but I'm getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment